Monday, May 31, 2010

The Great Gilly Hopkins

Anusha (9) is a Bangalore student. She is attempting to read all the books on the ALA Top100 Children's Book List. She is very thankful to the kind people at Story Revolution who bring award winning books to Bangalore - even very old ones! (Her mom is thankful too!)

The Great Gilly Hopkins
by Katherine Paterson

A review by Anusha V

The Great Gilly Hopkins is about a foster child named Galadriel Hopkins who wants to find her mother. But, in the process of searching for her, she unconsiously comes to love her current foster family. I liked this book because I think the way Gilly deals with life is kind of funny. I believe people who like a story with unexpected twists and turns will enjoy this book! I think Katherine Paterson is a really talented writer, because this story is both sad and funny! She is also the author of Bridge To Terabithia and Jacob, Have I Loved - two more books my mom ordered recently. I can't wait to read them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review Anusha!
    https://twitter.com/GillyHopkins

    ReplyDelete